Cheddar Cheese and Onion Dip with Crackers and Crudités
With caramelized onions and fresh chives, this tasty Cheddar dip is the perfect party dip.
JAWZ High performance Blender
40 Minutes + 15 minutes cooling time
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 large cooking onions, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese, cut into large chunks
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small bunch fresh chives
- 8 oz assorted crackers, for serving
- 4 cups vegetable crudités, for serving
- Melt butter in large skillet set over medium heat; cook onions, pinch of salt and pepper, and sugar for about 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, for 25 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In JAWZ High Performance Blender, pulse cheese until shredded. Add onions, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chives, and remaining salt and pepper; blend on high speed until smooth.
- Serve with crackers and crudités.
- Alternatively, serve with kettle chips or warmed crispy flatbreads.
- Use mild, medium or aged Cheddar depending on your preference.
- Add crispy cooked bacon if desired.